The Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce promotes the area on a daily basis. The Chamber organization performs the following functions in support of our mission statement and objectives to build successful businesses in Lawrence County!
- Ribbon cuttings are available for all new businesses locating in Lawrence County. The business receives a red ribbon, photo in the Lawrence County Press with elected officials and Chamber representatives.
- The Chamber office receives daily inquiries for community information, tourism information, real estate inquiries, and most importantly — business referrals.
- Our website, www.lawrencecountyms.com , not only promotes the county to potential business, industry, tourism, and residential prospects, but it also contains a listing of our membership as well as links to members’ sites.
- The annual Atwood Music Festival is sponsored and coordinated by the Chamber. Every year this festival grows in attendance, generating traffic and dollars for area businesses.
- The Chamber newsletter offers advertising opportunities for featured businesses and keeps the business community apprised of local activities.
- The Chamber Spotlight in the Lawrence County Press is a free advertising opportunity for members. These weekly ads include a brief description of the business and a picture.
- Lawrence County residents who are actively promoting the objectives of the Chamber by enhancing Lawrence County’s image, improving our quality of life, promoting the growth of industry or tourism in the county, or promoting educational opportunities receive special recognition at the Chamber’s annual awards banquet.
- Lawrence County’s Miss Hospitality works closely with the Chamber and is available for Chamber events.
- The Chamber supports the Lawrence County Community Development Association, which is responsible for attracting new industry to the county and encouraging the development and retention of existing industries in the county.
- The Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce has a hand in most events that happen in the county from Christmas Parade to Monticello Marketplace. Being a part of the Chamber is a great way to get involved with these events. Chamber of Commerce members have the upper hand by being able to join planning committee’s for these events and being the go-to’s for future events.
- Inclusion in learning sessions with guest speakers from Mississippi Development Authority, local/state politicians, website designers, and more!
- A chance to be Lawrence County Business of the Month which includes FREE radio and newspaper advertising.
- FREE vendor spots in Monticello Marketplace and FREE entry for the Monticello Christmas Parade.
- Assistance for social media advertising including sharing events and sales on our Chamber of Commerce Facebook page, assisting with graphics for promotions (if requested) and much more!
When you think of Lawrence County’s leading businesses, chances are the companies that cross your mind are part of the Chamber of Commerce. Our members comprise the business group known for being the most successful, community minded and influential businesses in the area.
Join because it’s good for your business and the community.
Want to know more about the Chamber of Commerce?